[crossfire] Crossfire site suggestions and request.

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Sep 13 01:18:15 CDT 2005

Mitch Obrian wrote:

      I was also thinking maybe we should have a /backup

      branch of cvs where we can upload tarballs of

      in-progress projects we are working on?

  CVS isn't designed, nor a good place, to use as an upload/storage site.  And
ftp server for that matter would be better.  I'd have to look, but using CVS for
that purpose may also be a violation of the sourceforge usage policy (I vaguely
recall guidelines for what CVS can and can not be used for).

  Sourceforge does have a mechanism to attach files to patch and change requests
- might be a maximum size.  but if there is a max size there, must likely they'd
be unhappy if people put very large files files into the CVS repository.

  I personally want hte patch/RFE to be used for this - I don't want yet another
place patches or files may be located.