[crossfire] Re: autopackage

Brendan Lally brenlally at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 22:34:46 CDT 2005

On 9/18/05, Brendan Lally <

     brenlally at gmail.com

     > wrote:

      regardless there appear to be two issues.

      1) the .desktop file doesn't do anything. (this may be an issue with my system)

I fixed this problem, or at least worked around it. An updated package
is here,

     http://cavetroll.uwcs.co.uk/crossfire-client-1.8snapshot-1.x86.package

md5sum 999aa3211771b83b7cf65cb35595b0f6

      2) crossfire-client doesn't appear to be relocatable, whilst this

      isn't a problem for running gcfclient, it is for getting it to use the

      sound server (or bundling images with the client, which I haven't yet

      attempted)

This is a much more difficult problem to solve, I tried playing with
binreloc, but couldn't make it work properly. So I took the easy
option and compiled with --disable-sound