[crossfire] Buildable Land Plots

Todd Mitchell temitchell at sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 27 18:04:14 CDT 2005

Brendan Lally wrote:

     exactly that, buying a pre-built house defeats the point of playing

     the sim^W^W with plots in crossfire....

     Well I won't argue with that since I have no idea what it means or how
you deduced it.  I believe if you ask people if the built maps are
superior to the random maps, you would hear that players like the built
maps better.  Since most players aren't into making maps - perhaps they
may find it a bit hard or at least annoying to have to build things and
they might like to buy something like the guild houses with things like
trophy rooms, pet kennels, guest rooms and other special areas.  At
least with house templates you can have these nice features and make fun
quests for players to access them.  For personalization, well you can
add many rooms that are buildable to the different  house templates.
Also the blueprints/templates way is an easy way to set different house
styles on the map (houses, long houses, keeps, castles, guilds,
temples...) to represent the building and a good way to set the starting
price.
Nothing stopping you from coding up a storm in any case, I'm sure you
have ready counter-arguments to this post.   I will upload the templates
I worked on before so they are available in any case.