[crossfire] Improved collect.pl script

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Thu Sep 29 02:23:22 CDT 2005

      If I were to do it I would have implemented this behavior in

     the server

      instead of in the collecting of archetypes (that way it

     could be used in

      maps as well), but this is fine too.

I voluntarily choose to do that at collect time, because doing
it at item or map load time may be bad for loading performance.
Also it's much easier to do it with Perl than C :)

      I'm not sure what you mean. CrossEdit reads the archetypes

     exactly as

      the server does. It won't know the difference because it

     will read the

      archetypes after they've been collected and therefore after

     the collect

      script has converted the attacktype values.

The Java editor can use "raw" archetypes from the arch
directory. Thus it needs too to support "attacktype fire".
As I don't know Crossedit, I don't know whether it always uses
collected archetypes or if it too can use uncollected ones.

Nicolas