[crossfire] blasphemy, vulgarities etc.

Robert Brockway rbrockway at opentrend.net
Tue Aug 1 09:22:29 CDT 2006

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006, Mark Wedel wrote:

> - Using american MPAA rules, game probably shouldn't be any worse than
> PG-13, so explicit sexual conduct would probably be out (prostitution,
> etc).

Depends how explicit it gets I think.  A seedy tavern isn't complete
without a few prostitutes hanging around for atmosphere :)

>  However, probably be best way is if someone finds something offensive, they
> report it and we discuss it to consider if it is appropriate or not.

What about a runtime flag which sets the "rating level" for the server.
Depending on the level set, this could block access certain maps and even
automatically set warnings.

So if the rating level was set to "PG13" then any maps with a higher
rating would be blocked.  If the rating level was set to "R" then all maps
would be available but a warning would automatically be present in the
issue (message before login).  Maps would need to contain information on
their ratings level of course.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.        Phone:          +1-905-821-2327
Senior Technical Consultant  Urgent Support: +1-416-669-3073
OpenTrend Solutions Ltd      Email:          support at opentrend.net
                              Web:            www.opentrend.net
We are open 24x365 for technical support.  Call us in a crisis.

If you are emailing regarding an open ticket please consider
mentioning the ticket ID as this will assist us in responding
as quickly as possible.