[crossfire] create earth wall totally nerfed ...

Mon Aug 7 16:47:38 CDT 2006

On Monday 07 August 2006 02:49 pm
ERACC Subscriptions wrote:

> I give up.
>
> I have about a dozen Zorn quest maps I have worked at on and off for the
> past several months on my local system that rely on players being able to
> cast spells and prayers through and jump over their own earth walls to
> survive. Unless the player is VERY high level s/he is unlikely to survive.
> Now that I have upgraded my local server and such-like the earth walls are
> horribly, horribly broken. I want the old creatable earth walls back that
> allowed casting through and jumping over. Please.
>
> I am not redoing these maps again and will just delete them and forget
> finishing the Zorn quest if this will not be done.
>
> Gene Alexander (aka poof)

Ok, I obviously needed to take a walk and a breather before writing that. I
was just SO discouraged when my maps "broke" after that upgrade. My mind was
screaming "NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!" when I tried to play the four basically
completed maps I have that are in the depths of the earth under Zorn castle
and my local level 90 character could not survive even though I know ALL the
tricks in the maps. With the earth walls prior to my local "upgrade" I was
able to do those maps at level 75 with that character.

Alright, if a player could JUMP on and over her/his own earth walls that would
be better than now. That way my maps are not going to be TOO hard just very,
very challenging. I want people to survive the quest and the earth walls are
the best way (if a player can figure that out). Please see what you can do to
fix this at least for jumping on and over created earth walls. I will be more
than willing to do any testing and provide feedback. Thanks.

Gene Alexander (aka poof)
 16:38:34 up 1 day, 13:31, 10 users,  load average: 0.11, 0.09, 0.09
ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/ <- get VOIP here!
eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare preloads & sales