[crossfire] Proposal for better in-game information: client-side "player books"

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 03:29:37 CDT 2006

My 4jiao on the subject:

First, just thought I should mention, the best in-game help system I've
ever used is FreeCiv's.  It's just beautiful; everything is documented or
it isn't in the game, it's very navigable, and you can reach it from all
the places where it would be useful (eg, when choosing what to build in a
city, you can with two clicks get the entry on any of the buildings or
units you have available; same when choosing what technology to research.)
I'd recommend anyone working on this feature to play a few games of
FreeCiv for inspiration.

Second, can we please PLEASE call this the "Encyclopedia Khelentika"?
;-)

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
personal:                              http://www.laranja.org/