[crossfire] Invisibility and monsters

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Sun Aug 20 00:03:00 CDT 2006

Bug report #1542895 on the sf.net tracker
(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1542895&group_id=13833&atid=113833)
notes that:
"All monsters seem to be able to "see" an invisible player: even ogres
see a player wearing a God Finger."
I'm pretty sure that's because that character didn't have stealth, and
hence is intended to allow the ogre to see the character. Despite it
being 'intended behavior', I'm not sure the way stealth is necessarily
the 'right behavior'. How stealth works is something that I find few
players understand, because there are few visual or text cues about it.
Personally I'm thinking stealth should be made much more obvious to the
player. Here are some ideas I had of possible ways to do that:
- Give stealth some use when one isn't invisible/hiding
- Make a visual cue (i.e. animation of detect invisible for a moment)
when an invisible/hiding player without stealth moves
- Make stealth more available
- Document stealth better in-game.

Alex Schultz