[crossfire] Clothing

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 07:25:50 CDT 2006

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 21:01:23 -0700, Mark Wedel wrote:
> ERACC Subscriptions wrote:
>> I propose that robes and other cloth items (not cloaks) should be a new class
>> of item called "clothing" not "armor". A new body spot created for that and
>> archetypes updated. Special robes that may impart armor-like characteristics
>> could then be adjusted in the archetypes for prevention of abuse (if that
>> appears to become a problem).
>
>   technically, this is pretty easy to do.
>
>   But balance wise, this is more an issue.  Whenever new body positions are
> added, it basically means the player becomes more powerful.

I think the solution to the problem eracc described on irc is not new body
spots, but just a new type. I don't think you can wear gloves and
gauntlets at the same time, or a robe over a breastplate.  (You can wear a
breastplate over a shirt, and usually you'll want to, but for game
purposes, let's say that's, er, a different kind of shirt.)

Then flags like can_use_armor only need to check the type -- which I
believe is the way it is already.

yes-lets-stop-the-disgusting-naked-Rugillites-ly yours,
                                               Lalo Martins
personal:                              http://www.laranja.org/
technical:                    http://lalo.revisioncontrol.net/