[crossfire] Spell path balance - Summoning

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Mon Aug 21 23:15:13 CDT 2006

Andrew Fuchs wrote:

> Can't think of anything other than giving it temporary immunity to
> being damaged (burnt up, icecubed, etc) or making the weapon come back
> to the player after the spell's effect ends

  I don't think the temporary immunity would really help out.

  From what I've seen is what happens is that the weapon is fine as long as the
spell is going on.  But when the spell ends, the object on the ground is now hit
by some attacktype the destroyes it.

  So any addition of immunities would have to last beyond the length of the
spell, and that gets tricky, as if the player picks it up and wields it, they
shouldn't really get those immunities.

  Having the object return to the player when the spell ends or is destroyed is
probably the best/safest thing.  It'd be a little odd to explain why.

  Another thing, which would also be harder, is to know the relative power of
the weapon, so you know when it is close to death, and could perhaps have it
start returning to you, etc.