[crossfire] Spell path balance - Summoning

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 19:27:59 CDT 2006

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 19:55:44 -0400, Andrew Fuchs wrote:
> On 8/21/06, Alex Schultz wrote:
>> Raphaël Quinet wrote:
>> - Make charmkilling not so powerful without completely making it
>> useless. (personally I think requiring line of sight and limited range
>> might be a good method, possibly in addition to making 'killpets' not
>> always work)
>
> Agreed.  For modifying "killpets", I'd change it to "dismisspets".
> Then code it so summoned monsters are killed and charmed monsters are
> set to be peaceful.

+1, that's exactly what I was thinking.  It doesn't make sense to me that
you can "unsummon" a creature you didn't summon in the first place.

> However, this doesn't address the issue of what
> happens when a monster is charmed, then taken to another map.

Simple; they follow you if there's space for them, and break free (go
peaceful) if not.

>> - Add more powerful types of summoned creatures at higher levels
>> (Possibly just more things for 'summon creature' or possibly (a) new
>> spell(s) like 'summon greater creature')

One idea, as mwedel said, is to make creatures that aren't necessarily
stronger, but that have player-level speeds.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
personal:                              http://www.laranja.org/
technical:                    http://lalo.revisioncontrol.net/