[crossfire] crossfire source code control systems

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Tue Aug 22 03:24:13 CDT 2006

Mark Wedel wrote:
> Alex Schultz wrote:
>
>> Mark Wedel wrote:
>>
>>> Mercurial: If a good hosting service is available, this may be the best option.
>>>   But hosting here is tricky - commits, at current time, seem to need ssh access
>>> (may change to https in the future).
>>>

>> One note on this, as of Mercurial 0.9.1, you can push via http as well,
>> and for that one uses apache's http authentication to control access, so
>> it can run as pure CGI on a web server without even the ssh need. https
>> is also supported in the same way, provided the web server supports it.
>>

>   The question then, I suppose, is if there is a free hosting site that is
> provides the needs, those being space (probably need about 1 gigabyte), cgi-bin,
> unlimited bandwidth, etc.
I was looking around a bit, and I couldn't really find any until I found
Dotsrc.org (formerly SunSITE.dk), which looks like it might be able to
support a Mercurial server for crossfire. They look like they tend to be
more accommodating to unusual configurations and if there is a default
web quota would likely be willing to expand it due to it being used for
version control. Might want to investigate them for hosting if we indeed
want to use Mercurial.

Alex Schultz