[crossfire] Documentation / wiki

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Mon Dec 4 02:20:48 CST 2006

Nicolas Weeger (Laposte) wrote:
> As a test bed, I've put doc/Developers/objects on the wiki, you can see it at
> http://wiki.metalforge.net/doku.php/dev:objects (not yet totally formatted,
> and dokuwiki is running out of memory caching it sometimes :))
>
> Does that look good?

  Looks good - a few notes:
 > 3. Create a bitmap. It must be dividable by 32 in both height and width. The
 > file format should be .PNG 256 colour and use transparancy.

IMO, that is no longer really accurate - pixmaps can be odd sizes (32x40).  Some
clients may have issues drawing it (I think I fixed it recently for the gtk and
gtk2 client).  Now there may not be a lot of reason to use odd sizes, but it
should be supported.

 > 5. split the bitmaps up into 32×32 bitmaps and named according to the
 > naming.doc conventions in the arch tar package. Note, this is not really
 > necessary at current time - non splitted images should work properly, but some
 > older clients may have problems with it. (you can use the script “splitxbm”
 > which is included below).

  That should be removed - if anything, we are going in the opposite direction
of merging these cut up images into one big image.  All clients should support
it now days.  Likewise, with that, some of the points in point 6 could be removed.

  can_pass_thru further down should be removed - IIRC, when I redid the movement
code, that disappeared (it wasn't used by anything anyways)