[crossfire] Code Doxygenification

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Dec 26 18:49:23 CST 2006

  I think that the proposed changes are fine.

  Updating the functions as they are changed or other nearby functions are
changed works, but the end result is that it means it can take a very long time
for all the functions to be documented.

  And if the goal/hope is to have some coherent documentation available, getting
it done sooner vs later is probably good.

  We can sort of look at the other various code cleanups going on - fixing
indentation has been going on for quite a while, and still not done.  Some
functions really are not changing much (the arch.c file gets occasional new
function added, but I don't think some of the functions in there have been
modified for years), so it could be a very long wait for change to happen.

  OTOH, doing this cleanup or indentation fixes is something that can be done in
small doses.  I know that for myself, if I only have 30 minutes to spend, I may
not going on a coding project, knowing I will be unable to finish it in that
time.  However, I could certainly document several functions in that time
period, etc.

  Also, do we have any plans for putting this doxygenification online anyplace?
  I imagine this could be done automatically (have a cron job that generates the
documents and then upload them to some server nightly or something).  One nice
thing about doing something like that is that then the results are more visible