[crossfire] Crossfire 2.0+ features/priorities

Brendan Lally brenlally at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 19:08:31 CST 2006

On 2/1/06, Miguel Ghobangieno <mikeeusaa at yahoo.com> wrote:
> And a setting to show (by default) 1 attack message
> per second or so (rather then "char punches once, and
> again, and SUPRISE again!").

I want the rate of attacks to be down to about one (or two at most) a
second - at least for  'normal' weapons (like broadswords). Try
swinging a sword more than twice a second consistantly, and then you
will see why I think this a reasonable limit (yes, you can do more
with a fencing sword like a foil or epee, but they don't do much
damage anyway, if someone wants to add them with stupidly high weapon
speeds, they could still do so). - having fewer attacks means more
time to think in combat, less hack and slash, more strategy, and less
CPU overhead too.

> don't think we should mess with the amount of hp
> clients or monsters get nor the weap attributes.

I want to get rid of reflect spells and reflect arrows as abilities, I
think they too effectively nerf lightning spells, and make cone spells
to useful. However I would like to have a 'recast' spell, which would
cast a copy of any spell that hits a player in the opposite direction
for  a short period of time (couple of seconds).