[crossfire] gcfclient info window text trimming crash.

Brendan Lally brenlally at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 12:30:01 CST 2006

gcfclient can be made to crash reliably with the "Trims text in the
information window" option set when compiled against 1.2.10.

This was reported on #crossfire, and I have been able to reproduce it
reliably (grab lots of items, and repeatedly pickup and drop them).

Since this appears to be a GTK bug, which is presumably not present
under gtk2, I therefore suggest that the patch which is connected to
bug #1423605 - https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1423605&group_id=13833&atid=113833
as a work around.

Basically I am adding
#if GTK_MAJOR_VERSION > 1
#endif
around the trimming code. (although there are also a couple of minor
cleanups too).

The reason I am posting this here, is to ask if there is a better way
to do this (it works fine for me running gtk 1.2, but does it break
windows builds)?

Presumably 2.0 will compile gcfclient against gtk2, so there will be
no further issue with this; however since this doesn't seem likely to
be the case with 1.9 some way to stop it crashing seems to be in
order.