[crossfire] movement code feature request

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sat Feb 4 01:42:19 CST 2006

Lalo Martins wrote:
> I'm using hidden movers to restrict monster movement on my continent.
> Bit it feels slightly hackish - as it paralises monsters, it makes them
> just so slightly easier to kill.
>
> I was thinking about the new movement code and I figured - maybe we
> could have a flag that makes a cell block monsters but not players,
> independent of movement type?  That could then be used for marking
> monsters' "territory".

  Yes - that would work I believe (or if it doesn't, there is a bug).  That
said, there is no 'spare' movement types right now, but it is just an int, but a
high enough value that doesn't conflict with anything else would work (it may
make sense to allocate some bits of the mask for custom restrictions).

  That said, it probably still makes monsters easier to kill - if a player sits
on the other side of that invisible barrier, they can just pick off the monsters
with spells or arrows or the like.