[crossfire] Why have you banned my CVS access, And why do you hate mlab (I just finished mlabhell and I want mlab in for 1.9)

Yann Chachkoff yann.chachkoff at myrealbox.com
Sun Feb 5 17:00:51 CST 2006

>> Also I am offended at lauwernmark and errac's plot to
>> change mlab's culture.
>
>To a great extent I would agree, but this does not >excuse criticising
>them in a CVS commit message for a commit it is not >clear should have been made.

Let's make it clear:

- there is *no* "plot to change mlab's culture". All my interventions about the issues have been recorded by the IRC bot. You'll notice that I only said that any map that would promote things like slavery or xenophoby would be unacceptable in the CVS. You'll also note that I had in no way said that it was a decision that I wanted to take myself - I only expressed my personal opinion on the matter. And you'll also note that I wasn't specifically targetting mlab: I think the same for any map, regardless of its origin.

- There *will* be legal issues if we are ready to accept material that promotes slavery of children, sexual discrimination or xenophoby in the game, and I'm pretty sensible to those. Since when having a concern about the possible legality of the material is a plot against a given scenario ?

- Where did I say that I wanted to change the mlab's culture ? I expressed that anything *promoting* slavery of children should get scrapped. It is not the same as saying that a culture that allows slavery or that is highly sexually discriminatory should get removed from the game !

Now, if you agree with Mike to say that actively promoting things like xenophoby, child sex-slaves or revisionism in Crossfire is acceptable and that it offends you that I'm against it, then it probably means that I indeed have nothing to do here anymore. It also probably means that Mike didn't deserve getting banned, because, after all, he just insulted people on a public mailing list and spread lies - which looks definitely a minor point when compared to all what we should be ready to accept.

Now, I'd like not to have to defend myself against false attacks in the future, or see others draw conclusions without even getting facts first. Maybe public lapidation is considered as common behavior in your culture, but it isn't in mine, so I hope you'll have the decency to respect at least that.

Yours,