[crossfire] Why have you banned my CVS access, And why do you hate mlab (I just finished mlabhell and I want mlab in for 1.9)

ERACC eracclists at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 5 17:32:53 CST 2006

On Sunday 05 February 2006 03:43 pm
Brendan Lally wrote:

[...]
> > Also I am offended at lauwernmark and errac's plot to
> > change mlab's culture.
>
> To a great extent I would agree, but this does not excuse criticising
> them in a CVS commit message for a commit it is not clear should have
> been made.

There is no "plot", fellows. Basically this is an overreaction to an
IRC discussion. Since the entity known as "mikeeusa" is banned from
the IRC channel in any guise this raises the question as to how
"mikeeusa" was in the loop to even know about this. There was nothing
said that would not be said if "mikeeusa" were in the IRC channel but
even so one wonders how "mikeeusa" was informed.

Regardless, the quote from IRC is:

     <eracc> Speaking of mikeeee. Katia mentioned on private DM
             messages for metalforge that mikeeee said he had
             maps in the game in CVS that are anti-woman and one
             place where one gets a reward of a 14 year old girl
             in his maps. Anyone else know about this?
     <lauwenmark> eracc: I think that if such a thing is in CVS,
             then it needs to be corrected - and the offender
             banned. That's pretty much the kind of insulting
             stuff that's disgusting me

Which does not even hint at a "plot to change mlab's culture". It is
speculative discussion as to what may or may not be in "mlab" and
whether or not it is appropriate for the game. In the opinion of
myself and lauwenmark (likely others as well) such things are /not/
appropriate and should not be included in crossfire. I log the IRC
channel for OP reasons and can provide context for anyone (not banned
from the channel) who wants to see more of the conversation.

Gene Alexander (aka eracc)
 17:16:36 up 9 days,  2:33, 10 users,  load average: 0.37, 0.40, 0.27
ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/
eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers