[crossfire] gtkv2 client vs gtk client gap list.

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Feb 21 00:29:17 CST 2006

  For those of you not on the cvs commit list, a day or so back I did update the
gtkv2 client so it does now have a keybinding gui interface.  That seems to have
been one of the most common things people said were missing.  I'd be interested
in people trying it out and making sure it works and meets needs.

  As a note, the gtkv2 interface now supports using the meta and alt keys as
additional bind modifiers.  Thus, you could bind Alt-F1 to one command, Meta-F1
to another command, control-F1 to a third command, shift-F1 to a fourth command,
and just plain F1 to yet a fifth command.

  This should provide a lot more flexibility in binding.

  However, one issue is that the gtkv1 and gtkv2 share the same keymapping file.
  the gtkv2 client introduces some new modifiers for Alt and Meta.  The result
is that if you use the gtkv2 client and bind with those modifiers and then run
the gtkv1 client, it will strip out those bindings because it doesn't understand
that line.

  This support for meta/alt should probably be back ported to the gtkv1 client.
  I don't think it would be that hard to do, since the code from the gtkv2
client could be used to a good extent.  Any volunteers?