[crossfire] shops and stealing

Brendan Lally brenlally at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 12:58:26 CST 2006

On 12/31/05, Miguel Ghobangieno <mikeeusaa at yahoo.com> wrote:
> hv: remeber, each server has diffrent rules. PKing and
> "abusive behavior" is 100% happy-good on Cat2 while it
> is outlawed on MF. Hardcoding jail for such things
> would be bad.

Well, in this case, imprisonment is considered as a game balance
issue, rather than one that is related to an external set of 'rules'
(or lack thereof).

Nonetheless, I am inclined to think that a more workable
implementation would be to introduce the aztec system of punishment
for theft, that a thief should repay twice what they stole.

This raises issues concerning /which/ price is used to determine that,
but it would at least allow thieving to be something that could be
penalised immediately, without having a would-be thief spending more
time in prison than not.

In the case of someone who couldn't pay, then of course locking them
up seems a suitably unreasonable approach :)