[crossfire] shops and stealing

ERACC eracclists at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 1 17:33:49 CST 2006

On Saturday 31 December 2005 08:00 pm
Miguel Ghobangieno wrote:

> --- ERACC <eracclists at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> > On Saturday 31 December 2005 12:02 am
> > Mark Wedel wrote:
> >
> > > [...]
> > > With the addition of new fields in the map header for shops, it'd seem
> > > like it  would not be possible to extend stealing to shops.
> > [...]
> >
> > Good ideas there. I would add that a player's luck score should have a
> > lot of influence on ability to steal from a shop. So, a player that
> > wants to PK /and/ steal is truly "out of luck" and will have a much more
> > difficult time stealing from a shop. A 'luck 0' score would mean luck
> > has no affect on the percentage chance of getting caught. A luck score
> > of +1 or greater means the player has an exponentially greater [...]
>
> Could exponetially vs linerally be settable in the server config file.

Making this server configurable would be good I think. Not everyone
desires to have all the "features" be a hard-coded non-option.

Gene
 17:28:52 up 17 days, 35 min, 10 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00
ERA Computer Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/
eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers