[crossfire] Re: I'll commit the large denomination coin archtypes, I'd like to edit the amber coin to look more ambery (any objections)?

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 02:43:38 CST 2006

And so says Miguel Ghobangieno on 01/01/06 01:50...
> The regional currencies should be paper money rather
> then coins.

I don't think paper money would make sense in the CF world... it's too
recent a concept.

What I'm talking about is "coins" as opposed to "pieces" - a gold coin
is a small disc of gold with some image, number and words stamped in it,
and is official money issued by a country.  It's supposed to be worth
more or less the intrinsic value of the gold in weight, but not always.

On the other hand a gold piece, often used in fantasy worlds and ancient
real world, is what we have now; a small disc of gold, not "coined".
It's only worth its intrinsic value - by weight.

> While regional currencies exchange values could change
> depending on factors that are not in the game yet the
> silver, plat, gold, jade, and amberonium coins should
> keep their absolute value forever.

If they are pieces rather than coins, yes.  Whether they are accepted in
shops or you have to "sell" them at a bank, is more or less what we're
discussing.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
personal:                              http://www.laranja.org/