[crossfire] Banking system

Brendan Lally brenlally at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 17:10:42 CST 2006

On 1/3/06, Miguel Ghobangieno <mikeeusaa at yahoo.com> wrote:
> It would be nice to beable to set in for instance:
>
> Object goldbar
> name goldbar
> weight 10000
> value gold
>
> Object goldcoin
> name goldcoin
> weight 10 (or whatever it is)
> value gold
>
> that way the value will be * by the current value to
> weight ration (in thiscase 1/1)

This is an interesting idea, and one I hadn't thought of before.

Probably for ease of parsing however, it would need to be a new
property 'valued_as'?

maybe that should be in addition to the value field? For example, a
gold necklace might have a fixed value based on the workmanship of the
necklace, plus an inherent value based on the weight of the gold.

The final value then would be the combination of the two. This would
also scale nicely to enchanted weapons and the like.

For example a sword could be valued_as steel, with a value of 20 (say)

but a sword +1 might have a value of 1000, and a sword -1 a value of
-500 (this would require negative values, but allow in principle that
a player could make money by melting down cursed items, and reforming
them.

The questions then become, is it better to hijack the 'material' value
for that, and what effect would that have on the things that material
is currently used for?