[crossfire] Polymorph etc

Andrew Fuchs fuchs.andy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 14:58:46 CST 2006

On 1/16/06, Miguel Ghobangieno <mikeeusaa at yahoo.com> wrote:
> About polymorph, I'd like that spell to be
> fixed/redone rather then
> removed. Would this be possible? (I suggest doing it
> the nethack way,
> the users doesn't have controll of what he morphs into
> and he morphs
> into a few things during the course of the spell).

Players are unable to morph with the spell in its current state afaik.
 The spell can morph monsters and objects, and changes them into an
other random arch (that is a monster or object respectively).  It
currently only morphs what it was casted on only once.

> I also see no point in making working things plugins,
> it will make
> things slow, break things (and then it will be like
> "most servers (IE:
> not MF) don't use this, it's broken, let's chuck it).

I would think that would be more of an issue of if it is used in the
maps distributed with the game.

As a side note, cat2 and MF seem to have around the same amount of
active players (excluding bots) atm.

> If Ryo etc want to work on something, as it seems he's
> itching to do,
> how about add a alchaholpercent variable and add the
> ability to get
> drunk?

I wonder if that would be a good test case for moving things to plugins...

> Or perhapse fix earthwall and the invisiblity
> spell (>
> tracker)? Better to fix what's broken then fix what's
> working (rather
> then break it and slow the server down).

Its broken?  Going to check when my brother gets off of the other box.

> If someone want's to write plugin stuff how about add
> perl to the list
> of CF scripting languages? Any of these things would
> be a much more
> usefull waste of time, rather then breaking the server
> and slowing it
> down."

Umm, afaik scripts slow the server down, when used.

I think it may be a good idea to only have one or two scripting
languages availibe for use with crossfire.  (at least without a 3rd
party plugin/patch)  If two are used one should be made to execute
more quickly and efficiently, but doesn't have to have many features,
the other would have more capabilities.

--
Andrew Fuchs