[crossfire] gcfclient options deathlist

Yann Chachkoff yann.chachkoff at myrealbox.com
Tue Jan 17 01:45:03 CST 2006

Le Mardi 17 Janvier 2006 00:55, Brendan Lally a écrit :
> I have been poking around gcfclient recently, and found a lot of
> options that seem to be at best of limited use, and possibly never
> used by anyone, so what I have done, is created a list of the options
> in gcfclient's settings menus which I believe are unused, or always
> set to the same value. I am going to list the option, as well as what
> I think it should be set to.
>
> If anyone wishes an option listed here kept, they can reply claiming
> their use/need of it. If after 2 weeks, no one has 'claimed' an
> option, then I argue that it can be assumed to be safe to remove. As
> long as each change is made as a seperate CVS commit, it is still
> going to be relatively easy to revert any such changes made, should
> someone wish to have a setting return:
>
> The list;
>
> Automatically re-applies a container when you use apply to close it.
> If off, when you use apply to close the container, it stays unapplied
>  - set to always be on

- I've always preferred to deactivate this.

> Colored Inventory Lists - set to always on.
> Colored Information Text - set to always on

- Agree with those.

> Options on how to display resistances: - remove all options, set to
> "Display all resistances in a single column, will use a single
> scrollbar."

- Disagree - I prefer being able to hide that information completely. Maybe it
would also be nice to display that information in two columns, so that it
takes less space vertically.

> Print Grid Overlay (SDL only, Slow, useful for debugging/development)
> - set to off
>
> Cache Images - set to on
>
> Split Information Window (Takes effect next run) - set to on

Agree with those.

I'd also suggest to remove the "Splash Window" option (and set it to "on" by
default): I'm doubtful it is highly used.

--
Yann Chachkoff