[crossfire] Moving server towards a modularized system?

David Delbecq delbd at oma.be
Tue Jan 17 04:36:20 CST 2006

Le Mardi 17 Janvier 2006 02:51, Miguel Ghobangieno a écrit :
> I suggest you not implement a huge worthless code
> change that is nothing but busy work. I reject your
> assertion that cave's analogy is flawed as it is not.
> If you want to code code something new useful rather
> then breaking the server as is what will happen if you
> go forward with this plan. You also will be holding
> off any new large codechanges for months as they wait
> for you to be done with this not-needed reshuffling.

Why would other coders have to wait? Nobody did mention freezing the CVS at
anytime. If you don't want to work on modularization, nobody forces you to do
so, work on implementing new features. It's the sole responsability of the
one modularizing a feature to ensure there is no conflict when he commits.
When the commit is done, it's the responsability of other code to take into
account this change. That's how CVS based development work.
Crossfire had deep changes in code in the past (object based skills is one of
the most recent). This has never prevented other people to do their change.
That's the magic of teamworking.

--
David Delbecq
Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium