[crossfire] Moving server towards a modularized system?

Yann Chachkoff yann.chachkoff at myrealbox.com
Tue Jan 17 15:12:11 CST 2006

> If this range of languages is increased, there is a danger that it would include languages outside the range of competence of the existing developers, or outside the range of languages which are well supported on some of crossfire's target platforms.

That is true - I'm not myself in favor of a system in which several languages would get used. Introducing something else than C in the server code would definitely create a lot of issues, and isn't something I'd like to see without a prior discussion.

Probably the best rules is: code in C, and if you *really* think another language is needed, then ask the mailing list first, so the case gets discussed. Just because it can technically be done doesn't mean it is a good idea.