[crossfire] the scale of stats (was: race/class lacks distinctions)

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Sat Jul 1 11:58:26 CDT 2006

Wim Villerius wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-29 at 22:48 -0700, Mark Wedel wrote:
>
>> I don't really have any good solution to the stat problem - I don't
>> think that is really solvable.
>>
> It might not be solvable without a lot of work, but I really think
> adding a zero to the max stat would make a huge difference. That would
> as well allow a change of the effects stats have. Now the difference
> between 29 and 30 is incredibly big. It seems to be exponential, which
> doesn't make much sense IMO. I think the difference between n and n+1
> should become smaller and smaller (now it's bigger and bigger)
> (Anyway, this is quite a distinct discussion)
Well here's a new subject then :)
Hmm, from what I've heard here, and from players back when I was playing
more frequently, I would say that having stats go higher would be a good
thing. The issue really is if it is worth the effort of rescaling all of
the player stats, all of the item stats, and adjusting everything where
the code looks at the stats really. I personally think it would be a
good idea, however we would certainly need a detailed plan to address
those sorts of issues.

Alex Schultz