[crossfire] 2.0 release, was Re: Code restructuring

Nicolas Weeger (Laposte) nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Sat Jul 22 13:25:14 CDT 2006

> I am also doubtful that changing game mechanisms is the top issue for a
> stronger community - rather, that's making the game attractive and fun, by
> proposing events in and around them. Many MMORPGs feature special events
> around their games (contests, one-time special quests, etc). I think that
> should be investigated for Crossfire.

We did that on Metalforge a few times, a few DMs.

Drawbacks:
* it takes time to plan
* it takes time to actually eg put items, create stuff, and so on
* it takes time to run, because people will connect to the game and want to
play
* it takes many people to handle everything
* also note time zone issue, too

But i'd be ready (and eager!) to help do some events from time to time.

Just my 0.2€ :)

Nicolas