[crossfire] Ideas needed to fix exploit

Anton Oussik antonoussik at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 09:39:58 CST 2006

On 28/02/06, Mark Wedel <mwedel at sonic.net> wrote:
>   One question I have is why even need a force.  Is there any potential abuse
> just saying a player can't die when on his savebed?

This would most likely cause most players to take unopened chests to
bed with them, and practice bedroom alchemy. Going to bed when
diseased would seem consistent with real life behaviour though :)

Overall I agree that awarding experience based on exp loss is the best
way of fixing this, although exp gained should be slightly lower than
exp lost. This will prevent two players from levelling by repeatedly
taking turns to kill each other.