[crossfire] Crossfire 2.0+ features/priorities

Anton Oussik antonoussik at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 19:38:34 CST 2006

In that case it would make sense to make a big noobie map, with
buildings, each of which contains a course to do some thing. If each
of these noobie maps was personal to the player, the players could
learn about playing cf without anyone else spoiling their fun. This
would also enable them to come back later to complete learning if they
can not be bothered with advanced stuff just yet. I propose each
building award the player some experience towards the skill at the end
to make it worthwhile.

These are the general buildings I can think of:

  - Basics 1: Moving, applying things, reading signs, notes, etc.
  - Basics 2: Wearing, equipping, making active, opening/closing,
marking, 'body command
  - Basics 3: Changing/learning skills, commands like 'statistics,
'skills, experience system

  - Traps 1: Finding/disarming traps (on the floor, in doors, on chests)
  - Traps 2: Setting traps

  - Melee combat 1: Attack things with punching/karate/etc.
  - Melee combat 2: If you can hold a weapon, how to use it to do
things in 1, run attack

  - Ranged combat 1: How to pick up and equip bow, arrows, and shoot
  - Ranged combat 2: bowmode and arrow quivers

  - Spell casting 1: How to see what spells you have, select a spell
you have, and fire a spell.
  - Spell casting 2: Learning new spells, types of spells (schools),
sp requirement, spell level.
  - Spell casting 3: Different kinds of spells (cone/bolt/etc) and casting them

  - Identifying: List different ways of identify items

  - Healing: List different ways of healing different things

  - Alchemy: How to use alchemy-like things

  - Stealing: How to steal
...and possibly a few more buildings for things like oratory,
climbing, jumping, literacy (scroll making?).

Then there could be specific houses for the races like dragons
explaining the whole food/focus thing, a house for firebournes
explaining the whole "you are a ball of fire, don't get put out"
thing, and a house for wraith explaining "You are dead - you don't
digest food or heal" (when I make the patch balanced enough to be
applied to the source tree) thing.