[crossfire] [Re]Player Owned Shops

Robin Redeker elmex at ta-sa.org
Sun Mar 19 21:36:14 CST 2006

On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 01:39:12PM +0100, tchize wrote:
> Price in real shops depends on charisma of buyer and a shop
> expensiveness factor set in shop maps. I suppose in player owned shop,
> you don't want a price to change depending on charisma, and so you
> can't check a minimum value easily.

I also wondered about that... Propably it's best if dungeon masters
just keep an eye on that - if it's a policy of the server not to sell
items for nothing... but as Nicolas said: today people can and do give
away stuff for free... or some random price...

Another idea that comes up in context of player shops:
With player owned shops skills like jewelery, smithery and all
make much more sense (selling other people your products).
The problem is imho just, that jewelery for example isn't attractive enought.

A simple ring of halvor requires level around 10 and a ring of free
action requires around level 15 and ring of combat level 20.
But when i'm level 10, 15 or 20 at jewelery i always have already found
quite many of those rings... IMHO it's too difficult or too much hassle
to make those.

Robin

elmex at ta-sa.org / robin at nethype.de / r.redeker at gmail.com
Robin Redeker