[crossfire] New map editor

Robin Redeker elmex at ta-sa.org
Fri Mar 24 03:46:45 CST 2006

Hi!

I've read about following message:
http://mailman.metalforge.org/pipermail/crossfire/2005-August/009071.html

We are very open to improvements. And maybe someone could discuss the
problem with the order of map objects. The problem is, that if we load a
map in GCE and save it again, we get many changes in the order of the
objects.

We have put efford in some normalizing code, that replaces some old
attributes (eg. no_pass) with the new ones (eg. move_block, etc.).

Propably someone could write down the real current map standard and how
things _should_ be done, and how things _are_ done in the maps that
exist.  Writing some normalizer is easy once it is clear what to
normalize and how.  We already have some code, and will write some
utility that normalizes all maps (we will do it anyways for the purpose
      of merging upstream maps from other server with our maps).

Robin

elmex at ta-sa.org / robin at nethype.de / r.redeker at gmail.com
Robin Redeker