[crossfire] New map editor

Robin Redeker elmex at ta-sa.org
Fri Mar 24 09:58:14 CST 2006

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 07:50:26AM -0700, Alex Schultz wrote:
> Robin Redeker wrote:
> >We already use the XML file of the editor. We only added some attributes
> >and stuff to it. And fixed some aspects. Our version of the xml file can
> >be found in the CVS of the Crossfire module.
> >
> >Also for the different object types (in the placement tool) i use the
> >data from the XML file to decide whether an object is a floor.
> >
> Ah, I was briefly looking through the cvs browser of your editor, and
> didn't notice this so I assumed it didn't use such xml files. Hmm, one
> thing I'm wondering is how CFJavaEditor would handle that modified xml
> file, if it would throw out extra data that it didn't need and still
> operate as normal. I might test that some time.

I doubt that, we made pseudo-fields for attack_movement. Our map parser
handles that attribute in a way that it splits that attribute into two
attributes for displaying. And later merges them at saving.

And as the Java editor doesn't handle move_type/move_block correct (not at all
      afaik) that wouldn't work either.

> Another thing I was thinking, is if there isn't already one, some sort
> of plugin system would be nice.

Yes, something like this has been considered and is on the TODO.
But it's more a version >=2.0 feature.

Robin

elmex at ta-sa.org / robin at nethype.de / r.redeker at gmail.com
Robin Redeker