[crossfire] Backup(?) CVS via darcs

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Thu May 4 00:13:20 CDT 2006

Alex Schultz wrote:

>Darcs:
>Like SVN, also seems to good mature one. I don't know much about it but
>it looks like it might be nicer than either SVN or CVS in many ways. It
>would however have a little bit of a steeper learning curve from cvs
>users, but personally I'm *very* willing to learn it (in fact, I've been
>planing to eventually some time anyways)

Oh, also. Was doing some reading and these are some helpful documents
for cvs to darcs migration:

http://www.abridgegame.org/darcs/manual/node2.html#SECTION00220000000000000000
http://www.abridgegame.org/pipermail/darcs-users/2004-July/002351.html

Also, looking at the second one, I see some of the disadvantages of it,
however compared to CVS, it's still worth it IMHO, however there might
be better ways to go away from cvs than darcs.

Alex Schultz