[crossfire] Create earth wall / earth to dust issue

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Mon May 8 02:02:53 CDT 2006

Alex Schultz wrote:
> Robin Redeker wrote:
>
>> The change in the earthwalls made the monsters attack you through the
>> earthwall, as if they could see you
>>
> On a slightly unrelated note to the topic of earth walls. Monsters
> currently omniscient to everything on the map that isn't 1) too dark a
> place for them to see, or 2) invisible when the monster can't see
> invisible. that is something that has ALWAYS been the case.
> However, I personally thing that perhaps it should be changed, if the
> concern that it may make monsters to weak, can be addressed well.

  I thought there was some range limit based on the monsters Int or something.
So monsters sould only detect you so far.

  But simply put, the monster logic really needs to be improved.  The fact that
monsters can see through the walls probably doesn't help them that much - it may
in fact just bunch them in a corner which the player runs around and then whaps
them with one spell.

  But monster logic could be greatly improved.