[crossfire] 64 bit crossfire musings.

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Fri May 19 00:17:32 CDT 2006

Nicolas Weeger (Laposte) wrote:
> Hello.
>
>>   Having recently updated my computer to an athlon 64, this creates some
>> issues for crossfire.
>
> I'm under an AMD64 since end of january, and didn't see any specific Crossfire
> issue. Ok, I don't run a local server, or play intensively :)
>
> There are some gcc warnings now and then (about printf formats mostly),
> though.
>
> But I think we are already doing the « right » thing by having uint64 & such
> types.
>
> Doing as you suggest would finish cleaning the potential issues, and it's
> probably a good thing to do :)

  Yes - I doubt there are any real potential issues.  That said, I did change
the pticks type from a long to a uint32, simply because that is now sent to the
client.

  But the other issue is more that compiling spews out a fair number of
warnings, and the basic problem is that if too many warnings are generated,
people just ignore them, and there could be valid issues.