[crossfire] Removal of output-count/output-sync from server

Mon Oct 9 12:24:53 CDT 2006

On Monday 09 October 2006 02:16 am
Mark Wedel wrote:

> ............. Is that extra logic still needed, or is it sufficient to just
> track the last message an print repeat counts?
>
>   I'm thinking that if this is most often just used for things like search
> locks or other repeated checks, just buffering/repeating the last message
> would be sufficient, and is certainly a bit simpler to do.
>
>   The disadvantage is that if there is a bunch of other messages being
> generated as you search for traps (say your suffering from poisoning), that
> would cause the search messages to get broken up, etc.
>
>   Thoughts?

As long as one can control, to some extent, how much garbage scrolls by in the
client I for one don't really care how it is handled. I do use the split
message window feature in the GTKv1 client to keep the hit, etcetera messages
separate from conversations so that helps some.

Gene Alexander
 12:13:32 up 1 day,  4:26,  9 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.06, 0.08
ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/ <- get VOIP here!
eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare preloads & sales