[crossfire] Food consumption

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Oct 10 00:12:58 CDT 2006

Kevin R. Bulgrien wrote:
>> I am running an x86_64 test server with an Opteron processor.  Food consumption
>> seems unreal.  Does anyone know what factors determine the rate of food loss?
>> Speed is 0.90 (3.03).  The character is a halfling.  Food seems to click down a notch
>> every second.  On metalforge, food ticks down about 1 notch per 3 seconds with
>> speed being up like 3.0+ (?) - not wearing any sustenance items.  It wouldn't happen
>> to be based on some platform dependent thingamabobber would it?
>>
>> Kevin
>
> I never played Gaea before... That's what's doing it.  Regeneration +2... Man, I need to
> carry a refrigerator around with me...  :-)

  A separate discussion could perhaps be change food consumption rate.

  High food consumption just means you carry around lots of food - not much
other affect.

  The food consumption probably dates all the way to back when crossfire was
more of a gauntlet clone (old arcane game).  Most adventure games tend to have
fairly low food needs (some games don't even have good).

  Another thing that affects food consumption - each time you regenerate an HP
or SP, you lose a food point.

  Thus, if you are decent level and have high regen, you're food can go down
really fast.

  If you are fully healed, a high regen rate doesn't affect food consumption
that much I think.