[crossfire] character image size

Mon Oct 23 09:59:52 CDT 2006

On Monday 23 October 2006 01:32 am
Mark Wedel wrote:

[...]
>   So I did a quick test. Using gimp, I took the warrior image, scaled it up
> 50%, used autocrop to eliminate the blank pixels around the image, and then
> centered it with a normal 32 pixel wide image.
[...]
>   Yes, it does through the player image size off to other things (the
> armorer looks like a munchkin), but I think that will have to be the case
> if the idea is to make the player more visible (if the monsters get scaled
> up, then the player gets lost in the monsters).
>
>   Thoughts?  This is more just a random observation I thought I'd share
> than any definite proposal.

OOOoooo! I like the larger player graphic. Do dragons too please! :-)

Also, there was discussion at one time to make a player using invisibility
granting items (God Finger, etc.) able to find him/herself more easily on
screen. IOW, make them appear "see-through ghostly" on the screen instead of
totally transparent from the player's point of view. Has anything ever been
attempted to "fix" this?

Gene Alexander
--
ERA Computers & Consulting <http://www.eracc.com/>
We can provide you with VoIP phone service for your home and/or business. Our