[crossfire] The Kirby project: Valkyrie, goddess of war

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Thu Sep 7 00:49:54 CDT 2006

Lalo Martins wrote:

> The slaying thing will only affect enchanted weapons, and she gives them
> rather frequently (as weapons are sacred to her).

  Does she give arrows out a lot?  That could help give these character some
form of range attack.

> One alternative idea is to change the flesh code to fill the exp field of
> flesh objects with the exp of the originating monster; would that have any
> unexpected side-effects?  Then of course the altar wouldn't give the whole
> exp, just a fraction depending on some factors yet to be defined.

  I'm not sure if there would be any side effects of filling in the exp field.
I doubt it, but I'm not 100% sure that exp isn't overloaded with some extra meaning.

> (On an unrelated note, if I do change the flesh code, I'd like to add the
> archetype of the original monster in the other_arch field, for the purpose
> of a spell I'm thinking about; any problem with that?)

  probably not.  The issue may be that the archetype may not be entirely useful
- custom monsters on high level maps vary quite a bit from the archetype, so
you'd have to be careful what fields you use and what you use them for.