[crossfire] The Kirby project: Valkyrie, goddess of war

Thu Sep 7 09:26:53 CDT 2006

On Thursday 07 September 2006 12:49 am
Mark Wedel wrote:

> > (On an unrelated note, if I do change the flesh code, I'd like to add the
> > archetype of the original monster in the other_arch field, for the
> > purpose of a spell I'm thinking about; any problem with that?)
>
>   probably not.  The issue may be that the archetype may not be entirely
> useful - custom monsters on high level maps vary quite a bit from the
> archetype, so you'd have to be careful what fields you use and what you use
> them for.

For example take a look at Irritable Zorn (/brest/brest.scrolls.right) as he
is heavily modified from the standard merchant NPC (IIRC). Thinking on this,
what mechanism is used to tell the system that dragon flesh from a custom
monster is high level? Perhaps that could be adapted to your flesh altar.

This also brings up the argument for female player graphics. Valkyrie, being a
minor female deity (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyrie), would seem to
me to be one to which girls would gravitate. I'm not a graphics maker or I
would look at making some myself.

Gene Alexander
 09:18:40 up 5 days, 37 min, 16 users,  load average: 0.29, 0.21, 0.16
ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/ <- get VOIP here!
eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare preloads & sales