[crossfire] The Kirby project: Valkyrie, goddess of war

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Thu Sep 7 23:07:37 CDT 2006

ERACC Subscriptions wrote:
> On Thursday 07 September 2006 12:49 am
> Mark Wedel wrote:
>
>>> (On an unrelated note, if I do change the flesh code, I'd like to add the
>>> archetype of the original monster in the other_arch field, for the
>>> purpose of a spell I'm thinking about; any problem with that?)
>>   probably not.  The issue may be that the archetype may not be entirely
>> useful - custom monsters on high level maps vary quite a bit from the
>> archetype, so you'd have to be careful what fields you use and what you use
>> them for.
>
> For example take a look at Irritable Zorn (/brest/brest.scrolls.right) as he
> is heavily modified from the standard merchant NPC (IIRC). Thinking on this,
> what mechanism is used to tell the system that dragon flesh from a custom
> monster is high level? Perhaps that could be adapted to your flesh altar.

  I think for flesh items, the level of the creature is stored away, and that is
what is used for comparison on getting resistances.

  As said, what it comes down to is what you want to do with the information -
if the arch info is 'good enough', not a big deal.

  If accurate data was really needed, then you'd probably have to make a copy of
the monster, and perhaps put it in the inventory of the object.