[crossfire] The Kirby project: Valkyrie, goddess of war

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 03:36:49 CDT 2006

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 21:07:37 -0700, Mark Wedel wrote:
>   I think for flesh items, the level of the creature is stored away, and that is
> what is used for comparison on getting resistances.

Just because I've been reading this code recently, let's explore it a bit.

When a flesh item is created, it stores these pieces of info:

- name of the owner (as in "orc's head")
- weight of item is adjusted according to owner (the value of weight in
the flesh archetype is actually the percentage of owner's weight)
- value is adjusted a bit (item->value *= isqrt(donor->level*2))
- food value gets some bonus from owner hp and Con
- all resistances are set to half that of the owner's
- level on the owner (on its own level field)

my change adds other_arch and exp as discussed before.  Code is at
common/treasure.c.

So for dragons eating flesh, the chance of gaining a resist point depends
on the flesh resists, its level, and dragon's level.  At server/living.c.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
personal:                              http://www.laranja.org/
technical:                    http://lalo.revisioncontrol.net/