[crossfire] CVS -> SVN conversion

Stefan Huehner stefan at huehner.org
Mon Sep 11 12:30:16 CDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 12:18:53PM -0500, ERACC Subscriptions wrote:
> On Sunday 10 September 2006 06:11 pm
> Mark Wedel wrote:
>
> I have put work on all my map edits on hold until the conversion. I have no
> clue how to use SVN to download updates and commit updates. Do we have a
> simple FAQ on how to do this using ssh/id/password? (I hate using keys) I
> specifically need command line usage information for SVN as relates to
> sourceforge.net. IOW what is the equivalent of:
>
> cvs -z3 -d:ext:eracc at crossfire.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/crossfire co maps-bigworld

svn co
https://eracc@svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/crossfire/trunk/maps-bigworld

where trunk specifies the HEAD branch, instead of a specific branch for
i.e. 1.x development

> cvs -d:ext:eracc at crossfire.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/crossfire commit

When you are working inside your working copy, svn already has all of
the information regarding to the repo-location so it is simply:

'svn ci' or 'svn commit'

More info can be found at 'http://sourceforge.net/docs/E09'

Regards,
Stefan