[crossfire] CVS -> SVN conversion

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Tue Sep 12 01:26:50 CDT 2006

Mark Wedel wrote:
>   Ah - very good.
>
>   Looking at the docs, I see that SVN uses the global version number in the $Id$
> strings, which is fine.
>
>    What I'm not sure of is if there is some way to have a file that
> automatically gets updated with the latest version string.

I don't believe there is. That difficulty is mentioned on the subversion
FAQ (http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#version-value-in-source) and
it's solution is to integrate the "svnversion" command where available
into the build process for the program, and to me that seems a more
reasonable method than using $Id$ strings, given this issue of only
certain files getting $Id$ or $Revision$ keywords replaced when updating
the checkout

Alex Schultz