[crossfire] Proposal: Alchemy spell changes

Alex Schultz alex_sch at telus.net
Thu Sep 14 23:10:04 CDT 2006

Alex Schultz wrote:
> from 9/10
> of the value, to range from 1/2 to 9/10 value depending on the casting
> level of alchemy (only getting to 9/10 at level 115 or so).
I have done some tests, and found that when nuggets are gems, that is
far too generous. Here are the results of my tests:

-------
type: Amulet
real: 200 plat
reckon: 136 plat

Cha: 30
Bargaining: No

cost at scorn (gem): 505 plat

Best selling location per-town:
red town: 14 plat (general)
scorn: 28 plat (magic)
navar 41 plat (magic)
wolfsburg (department: weapon/armor)
lone town: 43 plat (magic)
nurnburg: 45 plat (gem)
port joseph: 53 plat (general)
santo: 73 plat (magic)
stoneville: 97 plat (adventerous)

new alchemy: ratio * 194 plat (when nuggets count as gems, sell for 97%
of set nugget value. ratio being whatever ratio of value the alchemy
spell will be set to use)
-------

So based on these tests, I believe that instead of 1/2 to 9/10 over
levels 3 to 115 as I first proposed, it would be best to make it from 5%
to 40% over casting level 3 to 33. Does this seem reasonable to others?

Alex Schultz