[crossfire] Skill subtypes/names

Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net
Tue Apr 3 15:20:09 CDT 2007

Hello.

Right now, one can't create 2 skills behaving similarly but with different
names.

The reason is because there is a skill_names array, indexed by subtype. Thus
there is a conflict when 2 skills have the same.

This array is used to quickly find skills objects, through eg SK_DISARM_TRAPS.

I'd like to remove this restriction (assuming it isn't too hard, but shouldn't
be, most of the code doesn't rely on the array - appears a total of 17 times,
including declaration, filling, and such).

This would mean splitting skills subtype number - hardcoded - and skills
count - generated from archetype list.

Also, it could mean we'd be able to "merge" eg pyromancy / evocation / ...
(only need to fix IS_MANA_SPELL, or use 2 different subtypes, one for mana
spells, one for grace spells).

Any objection?

--
http://nicolas.weeger.free.fr [Petit site d'images, de textes, de code, bref