[crossfire] Getting more artists

Wed Apr 11 10:07:11 CDT 2007

On Wednesday 11 April 2007 05:00 am
Anton Oussik wrote:

> If we could attract an artist (or 5 or 6) who would be willing to
> create 3D models of things, animate them, and then produce a complete
> tileset of the universe from those, it would be ideal.

Call me crazy if you wish. :-p I prefer the 2D version we have now. Granted we
could always use more and better 2D graphics. But 3D and animation then locks
out a lot of marginal graphics makers (like me for example) that could "make
do" with the 2D tiles. Once we go 3D we would *have to* have some 3D artists
on board the project to go forward.

The problem with that is good 3D graphics folks are not easy to find and keep.
The really good ones are probably working only on closed source projects for
a salary. I say this based on the lack of excellent 3D graphics in the open
source projects I have seen. I am willing to be proven wrong though. ;-) But
I still would prefer we keep Crossfire a 2D game.

Gene Alexander
--
ERA Computers & Consulting <http://www.eracc.com>
We can provide you with VoIP phone service for your home and/or business. Our